Education Is Life
A Podcast hosted by Rob Huge - Founder of Greenfields Academy
If you were to start from scratch and recreate schooling - what would you do? But, it’s more than what would you do - it has to start with why do you do it at all?
If Dewey was right and Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. Then it’s more than recreating school, it’s recreating life.
There has to be a better way -
Let’s Discuss & Rethink Education
We are having honest discussions on the state of education: where it is, where it can be, and all of the stories in between.
- Each week, the Education Is Life Podcast Show features a guest with a mission to incorporate learning about life as the sole purpose of what education should be.
- The Education Is Life movement takes the approach of having an open dialogue about the state of education and where it is headed toward in the future.
- The show is produced & funded by the Greenfields Academy’s Do Amazing! Fund
- Join the movement of leaders who are breaking traditional school structures, mindset shifts, and making impactful outcomes for our young people by challenging “the way we’ve always done it” around education.
Past Show Episodes
Education Is Life [EP 26] with tutor Lindsay Zoeller
Education Is Life [EP 25] Learning is a non-conventional practice with Greenfields Parent, Chris G
Education Is Life [EP 24] Defying the “Just Deal with It,” Approach to Life with Greenfields Parent, Mitchel Bleier
Specific topics we’re interested in talking about:
- School at home during a Pandemic
- How have parents been able to embrace the independence of their children’s interests and learning- what did they observe?
- What are some benefits from your child being without a classroom, teacher, or tests?
- How do you think this school at home experience will change education going forward?
- How has education changed with technology/ society in the last 10 years? How do you think it will change over the next 10 years?
- How can we speed up the transition from traditional to independent learning in our world?
- Programs & Technology available - how we are maximizing the newest innovations in education to best setup the future of a new generation
- Social / Emotional Wellbeing for Students
- What are the biggest challenges in our world that prevent our children from being ‘happy’?
What else would you like to dive into?
What topics are you passionate about that you’d like to bring up?
Be a Guest on Our Show
The Education Is Life podcast is looking for parents, leaders, educators, and students who would like to talk about the topics of how we could make a change in the way we’ve always done it with conventional education.
We will record audio and video to create our show for our audience members to experience the full effect. Consider preparation with a low-noise atmosphere with a high quality microphone.
Our podcast conversation will take place on a recorded Zoom meeting at our scheduled time. The recording will be available in 7 days or less for you to download and share out with your communities.
As a guest on the show, please come prepared to your scheduled meeting to record with a familiarity of the following questions below: