COVID 19 Update - We have temporarily moved to Greenfields@Home. We are taking applications for the limited spots available next year. Information Sessions have morphed to virtual meetings. Sign up for one today!
High School Studio
Would you prefer a traditional high school or the adventure of a lifetime?
Get ready for real-world success as you gain valuable skills and master them through projects, apprenticeships, and launching businesses. Emerge with the mindset and skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world.
Design your own academic path and master reading, writing and math using online tools and peer support. Gather in teams to hold Socratic discussions about civilizations and ethical dilemmas. Showcase your accomplishments in a series of badges that will dazzle admissions officers at top notch universities or convince partners and investors to join forces in a world-changing start up.
Identify and solve community problems, lead productive meetings, coach others, and learn how to make an impact in an organization. Hone these skills and more as leaders of the Greenfields school community.
Compete and collaborate in a series of project-based challenges that are designed to deliver 21st century skills in science, business and other real-world subjects. Take your passions to the next level by designing learning projects in your favorite topics for younger students.
Surround yourself with heroes in the fields you’re passionate about. Through a series of apprenticeships, you will experiment working with entrepreneurs, scientists and leaders in business and community to hone your most precious gifts and talents until you find your calling in life.
21st Century Learning
- The latest in educational technology for self-paced mastery of reading, writing and math skills.
- Deep Socratic discussions about heroes, history and self-governance to hone critical thinking skills and the ability to powerfully think, write and speak.
- Hands-on projects to master the tools and skills needed to solve problems in the real world.
- Written promises and covenants that form a tightly bound community of individuals learning to form authentic friendships and honestly resolve interpersonal problems.
Each year, our High School students spend multiple weeks working in apprenticeships. They experiment with entrepreneurs, scientists and community leaders, honing their most precious gifts and talents until they find a “calling” in life.
- Frequent field trips and guest presenters to extend learning beyond the classroom.
- Outdoor space with playground and grassy playing fields.
- No assigned homework or high-stakes tests.
- Fun and enriching family activities to foster a strong school community.
A Learner-Driver Community
- Students create and sign a Student Contract describing how each individual will act and the consequences for violating community norms.
- Mentor teams encourage younger and older students to listen, affirm, set goals and hold each other accountable.
- “Learn to Be” badges celebrate character and completing leadership challenges.
Young heroes celebrate the mastery of tools, skills and character by earning badges, assembling portfolios and taking part in public exhibitions.
- Parents use badges to track academic progress in Core Skills like reading, writing, math and spelling and character development in “Learn to Be” Badges.
- Electronic and hard copy Portfolios capture rough drafts, photos, video and other creative work.
- Public exhibitions at the end of most projects allow young heroes to present work to experts, customers or the public for a real world test.