Greenfields is proud to be an internationally-accredited school. The process of becoming accredited involves community surveys, an in-depth self-study, and the creation of a school improvement plan. An external assessor then visits the school to ensure we are meeting or exceeding all of their quality standards. To maintain accreditation, our school must follow a path of continuous improvement, providing annual reports of our progress and customer satisfaction ratings. This experience echoes at a school level what our students embrace on a personal level: goal-setting, feedback loops, and self-reflection.
As an accredited school, our curriculum is recognized as meeting key academic standards and, as such, students who attend Greenfields Academy can easily transfer their course credits from our school to a college or university, or to another K-12 school. In addition, accreditation connects Greenfields Academy with a community of high-achieving schools with whom we can share resources and best practices. We further extend this community through membership in other key educational organizations and by attending regular meetings and conferences with our peers.
- AdvancEd Accreditation Commission: in regional partnership with North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI)
- NIPSA: National Independent Private Schools Association
- IALDS: International Association of Learner-Driven Schools
- Progressive Education Network
- Alternative Education Research Organization
- Northside Parents Network of Chicago
- Chicago Gifted Community Center
- Coalition of Essential Schools
- World Future Society